THE SHIFT: A COURSE IN HEALTH AND HEALING
- WHEN: Zen O’clock: Time to be!
Seriously: 10H00 ON SATURDAY 31st August 2013
- WHERE: LEAFY GREENS CAFÉ, Plot 328, Rocky Ridge Road, Muldersdrift (On the same property as Restaurant Casalinga)
- RSVP 081 573 5594 (Tine)
We frequently meet people who tell us that they have tried every conceivable form of “treatment” and method of healing, and they still are not getting better. In some cases, especially people who have cancer, they choose to die. We do not presume to have all the answers. On the contrary! We see ourselves as students, who learn by sharing with others what we already know.
It is very important to remember that although external agents are important, your greatest resource for healing is the activation of your body’s own healing system. This is an internal job that requires commitment, courage, persistence, patience, and willingness to acknowledge that together with your body, you also have a powerful mind and spirit.
If you or anybody that you know is currently afflicted with a dis-ease, and you or that person have been trying hard but still are not getting better, consider the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual obstacles that could be keeping you from regaining your health.
Some of the physical obstacles are:
- An unhealthy, unwholesome physical environment, including poor air, poor water, noise pollution, overcrowded surroundings, pollution such as chemical pollution, heavy metal pollution, microwave ovens, electro-magnetic pollution and toxic waste
- A poor diet
- The wrong supplementation
- Not enough water in your diet
- Poor hygiene
- Not enough exercise and movement, including stretching
- A lack of space and privacy
- Inadequate relaxation and sleep
- Poor breathing
- Not enough contact with nature
- An absence of a loving touch like hugs
- Living in a House, not a Home
There are many mental obstacles to healing as well like:
- Chronic mental tension, anxiety, fear or worry
- Not “enough” money or real poverty
- Lack of focus
- No time spent in reflection, contemplation or meditation
- Lack of gratitude for one’s life and good fortune, be they big or small
- Poor mental attitude including harbouring grudges, being cynical, having a pessimistic outlook
- Unresolved anger, hostility or resentment
- No sense of humour
- Excess attachment to people or things
- Too much focus on goals and not enough focus on the process of getting there
- Worrying about the future, lamenting the past, or not being in the present
The potential emotional and spiritual obstacles to healing are numerous and include”
- Self-punishment, self-blame, guilt shame
- Identification with the illness or problem – thinking of it as yours
- Self-destructive thought
- No love or joy in your life
- No sense of freedom in your life
- No support system, including family, friends, community
- No sense of purpose
- Lack of spirituality, universal wisdom and prayer
- Lack of meaning and fulfilment in life
- Hopelessness – Helplessness or living in The Victimhood
- A broken spirit
This course is called THE SHIFT for a specific reason. It is all about Shifting old believes, old habits, old patterns, old lifestyles, old programming, old perceptions, old emotions etc. and transform them to a place where healing can take place and your life will become an interesting and exciting journey.
As we will address the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of healing, the Course will:
- Include subjects like diet, supplements, herbs, relaxation and de-stressing techniques, basic anatomy and physiology, reflexology, energy healing, meditation, “dis-ease” solutions, imagery and visualization techniques, heartmath solution, introduction to other “alternative” healing modalities, massage etc.
- Will be offered every second week for 5 hours, (10 hours a month) on a day most agreeable to the participants for example on a Wednesday afternoon from 13h00 – 18h00 or a Saturday morning from 09h00 – 14h00
- Will include all the necessary learning material
- Will include homework like reading, watching DVDs etc.
- Will include projects that have to be done as this is a practical course
- Will include a medical Scan before we start and one at the end of the Course, so you can be your own project and your own experiment. The Medical Scan, not to be confused with an Energy scan, will give feedback on the chemical balance in your organs, inflammation levels, even including your stress levels and sleep quality etc.
This Course is for anybody. You could be a person who feels stuck and wants to make a Shift, or a Health Practitioner who wants to offer a better service to their clients, or a person who wants to take charge of their own health or that of their family. The only thing we ask for is a passion to learn.
For that reason we want to have a meeting with you before you enrol, so you will know if this Course is right for you. If you do decide to enrol, Course fees will be discussed, and an appointment scheduled for the 1s medical Scan. You can contact me at 081 573 5594 or at email@example.com
“May the Spirit that is Love be with you and protect you”